Listed below is the schedule for the upcoming ArtSpace Live lessons with Zoom links. Please check your grade level website or email the teacher hosting the lesson for the password. Archived lessons will be made available whenever possible. Live classes start at 1:30 unless otherwise indicated.
- Thursday, May 21st Creative Ways to Decorate your Star! Join Ms. Jocelyn and see some design ideas for decorating your Star for Fun Day! Meeting Link
- Thursday, May 14th – Drawing a dinosaur with Ms. Jocelyn. Learn how to draw a t-rex step by step, and maybe some other dinos as well. Meeting Link
- Wednesday, May 13th – Come learn hand-clapping and circle games from songs around the world! Participants will learn songs from different cultures, in various languages. We will go through the step by step process of turning a learned song into a play-based activity! A prerecorded activity hosted by Ms. Meg. Each week will feature different games. This will be the last in the series.Meeting Link
- Tuesday, May 12th – Watch 7th/8th ArtSpace Theatre Students improvise scenes! So much fun! So many laughs! – Hosted by Ms. Beth. Meeting Link
- Friday, May 8th – Rainbow art with Ms. Jocelyn. In the celebration of Spirit Week, some fun projects that are rainbow inspired. Meeting Link
- Thursday, May 7th – Please note this will be at 1:00 instead of 1:30 – Join Ms. Waterfall in some performance art with a demonstration of Poetry in motion! Accept the challenge to present yours! Meeting Link
- Thursday, April 30th – Ms. Jocelyn will read Rose’s Garden by Peter H. Reynolds, and lead students of all ages in a flower making activity that will culminate in a school-wide installation at ArtSpace! All K-8students are encouraged to tune in to this inspiring lesson. Meeting Link
- Every Wednesday, April 29th – May 27th – Come learn hand-clapping and circle games from songs around the world! Participants will learn songs from different cultures, in various languages. We will go through the step by step process of turning a learned song into a play-based activity! A prerecorded activity hosted by Ms. Meg. Each week will feature different games. Meeting Link
- Thursday, April 23rd –Pen and ink on newspaper with Ms. Jocelyn. Meeting Link
- Wednesday, April 22nd – Introduction to some Smithsonian materials with Mr. Steve. Meeting Link
- Friday, April 17th – Note reading practice using mystery word game with Ms. Meg. Students will need a whiteboard or paper and pencil to show responses. Meeting Link
- Thursday, April 16th – Drawing Mandalas with stencils from home with Ms. Jocelyn – Meeting Link
- Tuesday, April 14th – Foundations of a Backyard Naturalist with Mr. Eric – Meeting Link
- Monday, April 13th– Intro to movie cameras and settings Step 1 – Mr. Steve – Meeting Link
- Friday, April 3rd – Fools for Poetry- A time-honored tradition of ArtSpace’s annual poetry week. Staff and faculty will sign on to share a favorite poem with the students. – Meeting Link
- Thursday, April 2nd – Blackout poetry with Ms. Melissa (pre-recorded video) with Ms. Melissa – Meeting Link. After the lesson students can share their work on flipgrid using password: blackout!
- Wednesday, April 1st – Drawing birds using the 5 elements of drawing. All ages lesson with Ms. Jocelyn – Meeting link
- Tuesday, March 31 – Ukulele Sing-Along: “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” and other hits with Ms. Tonya – Meeting link
- Monday, March 30 – Beginning Salsa Dance/ warm-up with 3 count dance technique with Ms. Waterfall – Meeting link
- Friday, March 27 –Monologue performance (pre-recorded) with Ms. Beth – Meeting link
- Thursday, March 26 – Learning coding-an intro to Scratch with Mr. Steve – Meeting link
Tech Time with Mr. Steve
Mr. Steve will have live tech sessions daily at 1:00. Use the above link to check out his page and find his lesson links.