ArtSpace employs a full-time School Counselor for grades K-8. The School Counselor’s role is to promote the academic, personal/social and future success of all students. This is accomplished through individual and small group counseling, classroom guidance lessons, and program coordination. Individual counseling is short-term and focused primarily on school related issues. The goals of the counseling program are to:
- Support the mission and vision of ArtSpace
- Support the specific needs of individual students
- Provide a place of respect, kindness and support for students, families and staff
- Encourage students toward a positive self image * Help students develop responsible social skills
- Help students develop life planning skills and prepare for lifelong learning * Help students achieve academic success
- Help students understand and respect diversity and their role within a global community
If you would like to know more about the programs Ms. Adina offers through the counseling program follow this link.
School-Based Therapy: The nature of school counseling does not allow sufficient time or focus for long-term therapy. Yet providing this service in school can be a tremendous benefit for students, families and teachers. School based therapy provides all the services of a private counselor (services are paid by private insurance or on a sliding scale fee). Information regarding these services can be obtained through the school counselor email@example.comA.