Thank you for considering ArtSpace Charter School for your child’s academic future. The responsibility of finding, and committing to, a particular educational environment is immense. The staff and faculty of ArtSpace are here to answer any questions you might have.
To be included in the 2020-21 school year lottery, you must complete an online student application (this link will take you to Schoolmint, the service we use for our application and lottery process).
- The deadline to fill out an application to be included in the 2020-2021 school year lottery is Tuesday, March 17th.
- The lottery will be held on Tuesday, March 31st
Visit us for a tour! Tours are available most Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m during our regular school year. Contact Ms. Darlene in our front office to register for a tour.
To learn more about ArtSpace and its programs join us Tuesday, February 4th, 6:00 – 7:30 for our Open House for Interested Families.
As per North Carolina Charter School Statutes
- All students must reside with their legal guardian within the state of North Carolina.
- ArtSpace Charter School is a public school of choice and abides by all North Carolina charter school laws. However, completing the application does not ensure enrollment. If applications exceed available enrollment space, students are entered into a lottery and drawn at random.
- As allowed by state law, ArtSpace gives priority to children of staff and faculty, siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of graduates that completed four or more years at the school and children of Board members who have served for at least one year. For more information on state legislated charter school enrollment policies follow this link.
ArtSpace encourages diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic standing, religion, ability, disability or any other factor.
Current ArtSpace Families
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will be given admission priority. “Siblings” include half-siblings, step-siblings, and foster children residing in the same home.
- For siblings to receive priority status under the sibling rule, a student must currently attend ArtSpace Charter School and re-enter the following year.
- As allowed by state law, siblings of 8th-grade graduates that completed at least four grade levels at ArtSpace will also be given admission priority.
- Prospective parents, including families with siblings of currently enrolled students, must submit an application available after January 1st) for each child they wish to enroll.
In case of inclement weather the snow date for our Open House for Interested Families is Tuesday, February 11, 6:00 – 7:30.