Thank you for considering ArtSpace Charter School for your child’s academic future. The responsibility of finding, and committing to, a particular educational environment is immense. The staff and faculty of ArtSpace are here to answer any questions you might have.
The lottery for the 2019-20 school year has already happened. There are currently still open spots available in 8th grade. Enrollment for the 2019-20 school year will close September 12, 2019. Please fill out an online student application if you have an 8th grader you are interested in enrolling at ArtSpace. This link will take you to our application at School Mint.
In order to enroll at Artspace as per North Carolina Charter School Statutes
- All students must reside with their legal guardian within the state of North Carolina.
- ArtSpace Charter School is a public school of choice and abides by all North Carolina charter school laws. However, completing the application does not ensure enrollment. If applications exceed available enrollment space, students are entered into a lottery and drawn at random.
- As allowed by state law, ArtSpace gives priority to children of staff and faculty, siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of graduates that completed four or more years at the school and children of Board members who have served for at least one year. For more information on state legislated charter school enrollment policies follow this link.
ArtSpace encourages diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic standing, religion, ability, disability or any other factor.
Current ArtSpace Families
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will be given admission priority. “Siblings” include half-siblings, step-siblings, and foster children residing in the same home.
- For siblings to receive priority status under the sibling rule, a student must currently attend ArtSpace Charter School and re-enter the following year.
- As allowed by state law, siblings of 8th-grade graduates that completed at least four grade levels at ArtSpace will also be given admission priority.
- Prospective parents, including families with siblings of currently enrolled students, must submit an application for each child they wish to enroll.
- The deadline for submitting a completed sibling application is 4:00 pm, March 11, 2019
Visit us for a tour! Tours are available most Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m during our regular school year. Contact Ms. Darlene in our front office to register for a tour.