Thank you for considering ArtSpace Charter School for your child’s academic future. The responsibility of finding, and committing to, a particular educational environment is immense. The staff and faculty of ArtSpace are here to answer any questions you might have.
To be included in the 2019-20 school year lottery, you must complete this online student application.
- The deadline to apply for the 2019-20 school year is March 11th at 4:00 pm, in order to be included in the lottery.
- Applications submitted after the due date will be placed on appropriate grade level wait lists in the order they are received.
- An application needs to be filled out for every child applying to ArtSpace.
- The enrollment lottery will be held on Tuesday, March 26th at 9:00 AM.
- Open House for Interested Families – Tuesday, February 5th, 2019, 6-7:30. The evening will include presentations, classroom tours, and enrollment information, as well as a question and answer time. Please follow this link to a Google form to RSVP for this event.
- Please contact Ms. Michelle for more information.
As per North Carolina Charter School Statutes
- All students must reside with their legal guardian within the state of North Carolina.
- ArtSpace Charter School is a public school of choice and abides by all North Carolina charter school laws. However, completing the application does not ensure enrollment. If applications exceed available enrollment space, students are entered into a lottery and drawn at random.
- As allowed by state law, ArtSpace gives priority to children of staff and faculty, siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of graduates that completed four or more years at the school and children of Board members who have served for at least one year. For more information on state legislated charter school enrollment policies follow this link.
ArtSpace encourages diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic standing, religion, ability, disability or any other factor.
Current ArtSpace Families
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will be given admission priority. “Siblings” include half-siblings, step-siblings, and foster children residing in the same home.
- For siblings to receive priority status under the sibling rule, a student must currently attend ArtSpace Charter School and re-enter the following year.
- As allowed by state law, siblings of 8th-grade graduates that completed at least four grade levels at ArtSpace will also be given admission priority.
- Prospective parents, including families with siblings of currently enrolled students, must submit an application for each child they wish to enroll.
- The deadline for submitting a completed sibling application is 4:00 pm, March 11, 2019
Visit us for a tour! Tours are available most Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m during our regular school year. Contact Ms. Darlene in our front office to register for a tour.