Car Line Procedures: Student drop off and pick up
Your child’s safety is of utmost importance to us. Please read and follow these directions for dropping off and picking up students at ArtSpace. The safety of your child and the other children of ArtSpace depends upon the collaborative effort of all of us to follow these procedures carefully. Please do not hesitate to call the office if you have any questions regarding these procedures.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and diligence.
- Allstudents(all grades) are dropped off in front of the school in the morning between 7:30a.m. and 8:15 a.m. Parents parking in the gravel lot MUST escort students across Sherwood Road.
- Drivers should circle around the school using Reger Avenue and approach theschool comin gup Sherwood Road, the same as afternoon pick up.
- Do not use cell phones when in car line.
- Do not engage in conversation with staff members while they are on car duty.
- DO NOT TURN FROM HWY 70 ON TO SHERWOOD ROAD to drop students off in the morning. Many families park in the gravel lot and walk across Sherwood in the mornings.Therefore, a dangerous situation is created when traffic turns onto Sherwood Rd. For the safety of our community, please do not turn down Sherwood Road.
- DO NOT DROP STUDENTS OFF ANYWHERE EXCEPT THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL.
- Students may not be dropped off before 7:30 a.m.
- Students who arrive after 8:15 a.m. must be walked into school and signed in as tardy by an adult.Tardy students may not walk into the school without an adult.
- School dismisses at 3:10 p.m. Parents arriving before 3:10 p.m. must wait until 3:10 p.m. to pick up students. All students being picked up before dismissal must be signed out in the front office.
- Please do not come too early. The car line moves more smoothly when our families spread out pick-up time between 3:10 – 3:35 p.m.
- All cars that enter the car line for dismissal must travel around the block to get in line.
- DO NOT attempt to enter the car line from Sherwood Road. Turn on Reger Avenue and circle behind the school.
- When sitting in the car line, please DO NOT BLOCK PRIVATE DRIVEWAYS
- ONCOMING TRAFFIC. Drivers must stay in one line until the last private driveway is passed.
- Students are dismissed from two locations: the side door by the Theatre and the Front Door.
- 5th through 8th grade students will exit from the side of the building (off Sherwood Road – near the theatre). A staff member will be posted on the side of the road. Please pull off the road slightly (location indicated by signs). Once students have been picked up, drivers may carefully pull back onto Sherwood and go straight to the Hwy 70 intersection. Drivers do not need to pull around to the front of the school.
- Kindergarten through 4th grade students will exit from the front of the school. Drivers should pull forward as instructed by the staff members working the front car line.
- Drivers picking up from both grade spans will pick up all their riders in the front of the school. In this case, the older students will be sent to the front of the school.
- Drivers should not attempt to cut ahead of cars in the car line and should not cross over the double yellow line.
- Drivers must stay in a single-file line while waiting in the car line.
- Please do not talk on cell phones in the car line.
- Please be advised that staff members may not engage in conversation while on car-line duty.
- When exiting the ArtSpace parking lots onto Highway 70, only right turns are allowed during afternoon pick up times. Cars exiting from Sherwood Road may turn either left or right.
After 3:35 p.m. (on half days 12:30 p.m.), all students who have not been picked up will be sent to the After Care program. All remaining students must go to After Care. They may not wait in another location.