Ribbon Cutting Fall Festival
Know Before you GO!
ArtSpace is thrilled to welcome you on October 14th for our community celebration.
These details will help you plan for the day.
- Time - 10am-2pm - Floating attendance- you are free to come and go at your leisure.
- Parking - Limited parking, but free shuttle & trolley service. Details below. Keep scrolling.
- Ceremony - The Ribbon Cutting ceremony is scheduled for 10:20am at the front of the new building. All activity stations will be paused during that time.
- Tours - Building tours will begin after the ribbon cutting and end at 2pm. Tours will be organized and limited in size. Those wishing to walk through will line up at the front of the building, where marked, and proceed through the building, exiting out the side door, following staff directions. If the line is too long, enjoy other parts of the festival first.
- Activities - There will be much to enjoy - live music, petting zoo, inflatable, face painting, balloon twisting, caricature artists, photo booths, and more! These activities are free! Limited edition merchandise is also available for purchase.
- Food - Queens Island Cuisine, Bun It, and Kona Ice will be set up and ready to serve! There will also be a bake sale to support the 8th grade OBX trip. We will have some seating and picnic tables, but there will also be space outdoors for a family picnic if you'd like to bring your own blanket and snacks.
- Book Fair - The ever-popular Scholastic Book Fair will be open for shopping in the theater. Remember that a portion of all sales supports our library. The Book Fair will be open from 10:00-2pm. Cash or credit cards accepted.
- Campus - The theater and multipurpose room will be open for the event. The rest of campus, including the upper playground, classrooms, and the breezeway will be CLOSED.
- Restrooms - Families may use the restrooms on the top floor and bottom floor of the new building. We will additionally have the bathrooms nearest the theater open and portable toilets at the lower field area.
Sherwood Road will be CLOSED for the festival. The front parking lot is reserved for staff and board members. There will be very limited parking in the gravel lot. Consider these other options:
- Trolley & Shuttle - We have our shuttle bus and a trolley to escort families from the Swannanoa Ingles (lot nearest Ace Hardware) to campus. These will run in 20 minute increments beginning at 9:45.
- Reminder - Do not block any driveways, gates, or blockades. Be mindful of pedestrian traffic. Please be patient.
The retention pond on the easternmost side of the gravel lot must stay in place for now, pending review from the Department of Environmental Quality. Once received, the lot will be graded, a permanent wooden privacy fence installed, and the garden reestablished. During this event, that area will be marked off by orange fencing.