Thank you for considering ArtSpace Charter School for your child’s education. The responsibility of finding, and committing to, a particular educational environment is immense. ArtSpace staff are here to answer any questions you might have.
- School Tours - We will begin offering tours in late October. Check back later to register.
As per North Carolina Charter School Statutes
- All students must reside with their legal guardian within the state of North Carolina.
- ArtSpace Charter School is a public school of choice and abides by all North Carolina charter school laws. Completing the application does not ensure enrollment. If applications exceed available enrollment space, students are entered into a lottery and drawn at random.
- As allowed by state law, ArtSpace gives priority to children of staff and faculty, siblings of currently enrolled students, siblings of graduates that completed four or more years at the school, siblings applying for the first time in the same year, and children of board members who have served for at least one year.
- Beginning in 2023, students who qualify for free or reduced lunch, WIC, SNAP, or other public assistance can apply for a weighted general lottery.
ArtSpace encourages diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, natio
nal/ethnic origin, sexual orientation, economic standing, religion, ability, disability or any other factor.
Current ArtSpace Families
- Siblings of currently enrolled students will be given admission priority. “Siblings” include half-siblings, step-siblings, and foster children residing in the same home.
- For siblings to receive priority status under the sibling rule, a student must currently attend ArtSpace Charter School and re-enter the following year.
- As allowed by state law, siblings of 8th-grade graduates that completed at least four grade levels at ArtSpace will also be given admission priority.
- Prospective parents, including families with siblings of currently enrolled students, must submit an application (available after January 1st) for each child they wish to enroll.