What is Title I?
Title I of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act provides financial assistance to schools with high numbers or percentages of children from low-income families to ensure that all children meet challenging state academic standards. The goal of our Title 1 pro-gram at ArtSpace is to ensure a high quality education for every child through building literacy skills. In order to increase literacy at our school we utilize Title I funds to:
- Provide small group instruction
- Provide additional training for staff
- Increase variety in teaching methods
Our SCHOOLWIDE Title I Program offers:
- Our Title I teaching team (Ms. Glenda and Ms. Cathy)
- General Education Teachers
- Support Staff
- And You! (our parents and caregivers)
YOU INFLUENCE YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION more than any teacher or school. Your involvement can boost your child’s achievement! By taking an active role in our school, you’ll show your child:
- How important he or she is to you.
- How important education is to you.
- That you and the school are a team.
More information about Title One is available at:
About Ms. Melissa
About Ms. Virginia