Artisan of the Month
Purpose: The purpose of a school-wide character education program is to encourage lifelong social and academic success of students and emphasize a cooperative and supportive school climate by instilling and reinforcing strong moral and ethical character within the school community.
Overview: The Artisan of the Month program will consist of the following:
- Monthly trait: each month of the school year will focus on a different character trait related to the Four Pillars (Effort, Leadership, Service, Respect). The trait of the month will be posted in common areas of the school.
- The Counselor will share optional teaching resources for each trait
- Artisans of the Month: Staff can opt to nominate a student (from any class) who they feel represents the monthly trait. All nominees will receive a certificate, be mentioned on the morning announcements, featured in a spotlight on the school website.
- September- Self-Management
- October- Courage
- November- Gratitude
- December- Honesty/Integrity
- January- Compassion
- February- Unity
- March- Generosity
- April- Perseverance
- May- Friendship